What if live in a conservation area or my tree has a preservation order on it?

At Mark Fiddes Treeworks we will be able to assist in the proper assessment of your situation and help you decide and implement the best course of action. When conservation areas and tree preservation orders (TPO’s) are concerned we will follow all legal channels and communicate with the local council on your behalf. We will then submit any applications that are necessary to your Local Planning Authority. It is important to note that when applications are required that there is a timeline and review process that can take up to 8 weeks. As each situation is unique though so we recommend getting in touch to discuss your particular scenario and we will be able to provide a quote for work and recommendations for the next steps.

What is a tree surgeon?

A tree surgeon is a highly skilled professional that is trained in operations covering all trees whether diseased, injured, invasive or natural. Tree surgeons are able to offer a wide range of services that cover everything from the cultivation and management of trees, shrubs, vines and other plant life.

Can I remove a tree from my property?

Yes, but it is important to consult a professional to ensure the right consent is granted. Even if the tree concerned is on your own property, and work is carried out without securing the necessary consents from the local authority planning department or tree officer, then large fines and penalties can be incurred.

What areas do you cover?

Mark Fiddes Treeworks is based in Somerset and covers Burnham on sea, Weston-Super-Mare, Portishead, Clevedon, Nailsea, Bridgwater, Street, Glastonbury, Wells, Taunton and the surrounding areas.